This is a match that is the group winner decider, as Croatia need a draw against Spain in Bordeaux to be certain of joining Spain in the last 16, but must overcome the setback of Friday’s dropped points as well as a Spanish team with a winning habit.
- Croatia, on four points, need a draw to be sure of joining Spain, on six, in the last 16
- If defeated, Croatia can still be overtaken by the Czech Republic for second place
- Spain will win the group with a draw; Croatia would overtake them with victory
- The last time both teams met was in UEFA EURO 2012, and the result went in favour of Spain
- Croatia’s sole win against Spain was a 2-0 friendly triumph in 1994
- Luka Modrić is ruled out for Croatia and that would mean the team will need to work hard