The match between Manchester City and Arsenal is a very important match, both to City who will be playing at home and Arsenal who will be visiting. Both teams are currently on the top four and will be willing to do every possible thing to move ahead.
Manchester City who are currently 4th on the table will need to prove a point that they can win at home under Pep Guardiola, while Arsenal who are on 3rd position but tied on points with Liverpool will need to win to enable them hold grip of their position.
Ahead of Sunday’s meeting between Manchester City and Arsenal, Sport Intelligence look at the head-to-head recoe to make a decision that would affect their clubs.
- Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona- Quarterfinal Champions League (March 2010) – Draw
- Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal -Quarterfinal Champions League (April 2010)- Pep Win 1st
- Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona – Round of 16 Champions League (February 2011)-Wenger Win 1st
- Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal -Round of 16 Champions League (March 2011) – Pep Win 2nd
- Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich- Round of 16 Champions League (February 2014) Pep Win 3rd
- Bayern Munich 1-1 Arsenal- Round of 16 Champions League (March 2014) Draw
- Arsenal 2-0 Bayern Munich-Champions League Group Stage (October 2015)- Wenger Win 2nd
- Bayern Munich 5-1 Arsenal-Champions League Group Stage (November 2015) Pep Win 4th
Statistically speaking, their head-to-head records favour Pep Guardiola and Pep has never lost to Wenger while at home in any of their meetings.
But this is the first time both managers will be meeting in a league all their previous meetings have been at the Champions League.
Discussion about this post