Monaco will be hoping to do the needful this evening when they visit Turin to take on Juventus in the second-leg of the semifinal of the uefa champions league, below are facts and statistics ahead of the match.
- This is the second time these sides have met in a Champions League semi-final – Juventus securing their passage to the final with a 6-4 aggregate victory 19 years ago, before losing to Real Madrid in the final (1997-98).
- After failing to reach the last four of the Champions League from 2003-04 to 2013-14, Juventus have now made the semis for the second time in the past three seasons.
- The Turin club has systematically reached the final in five of its six previous Champions League semis.
- Monaco have reached the Champions League semis for the fourth time after 1993-94, 1997-98 and 2003-04.
- No other French team has made the last four more than once.
- Juventus, alongside Real Madrid, are the only unbeaten team in this season’s Champions League (W8 D3).
- None of the two goals conceded by Juventus in this season’s Champions League have come from open play (11 games).
- Gonzalo Higuain scored two goals in the first leg, as many as in his previous 24 Champions League knockout games. With five goals this season, it’s already the most prolific campaign of his career in the competition.
- Falcao and Mbappe have scored 10 of Monaco’s past 16 Champions League goals. In the first leg, Mbappe failed to find the net for the first time after having started a game in the competition.
Discussion about this post