The management of Bayelsa United have been hit by the NPFL disciplinary hammer, following an assault on match official during their match day 5 game against Doma United which ended 1-1 at the Samson Siasia Stadium in Yenagoa on Wednesday.
According to a statement emanating from the NPFL Head of Operations, David Owumi, dated February 2, 2023, it stated the punishment melted on the club for assault of an assistant referee, Ebenezer Ojeleye, on the said date:
Following the club’s violation of several Rules of the game, the following penalties were melted:
1. A deduction of 3 points from Bayelsa United
2. A fine of N1.5m imposed on the club
3. The identified thug whose name is Joseph Ziduogha to be prosecuted and he has been banned from all NPFL-related matches.
4. Give a compensation of N250,000 to the assaulted match official Mr Ojeleye Ebenezer
5. A deduction of 3 goals from the accrued points.
Furthermore, the home matches of Bayelsa United at the Samson Siasia Stadium which is their home pitch will now be played under closed doors, pending when the club puts in place verifiable security measures.
Discussion about this post