Frenchman Nacer Bouhanni of Cofidis won the 134 km stage 4 from Llivia to Igualada with a sprint finish at ...
Frenchman Nacer Bouhanni of Cofidis won the 134 km stage 4 from Llivia to Igualada with a sprint finish at a time of 3 hours 4 minutes 27 seconds.
Davide Cimolai of FDJ/Italy, South Africa's Daryl Impey of Orica, Alexander Edmondson (Australia / Orica), Dion Smith (New Zealand / Wanty), Pieter Serry (Belgium / Quick-Step), Enrico Gasparotto, Petr Vakoc (Czech Republic /Quick-Step) Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spain / Movistar) and Bauke Mollema (Netherlands / Trek) all finished Same time
Team Sky's Thomas remains third overall, 44 seconds behind American Tejay van Garderen of BMC Racing according to reports from BBC.
Thomas's team-mate Froome is a further five seconds back in fifth place.
Van Garderen leads Spanish team-mate Samuel Sanchez by 41 seconds in the general classification.
Friday's fifth stage of seven is expected to decide the race as it culminates with a gruelling 8.4km climb to Lo Port.
Stage four was shortened by 60 kilometres because of snow at the start.
Tour de France champion Froome made a break on the descent from the final climb along with Movistar's Alejandro Valverde and Marco Soler, and David Gaudu of FDJ, but they were caught by the peloton with five kilometres left.
"We knew it would probably be a bunch sprint with a reduced group, but with the shortened stage it was super fast all day," said Welshman Thomas.
"It's a big, big day tomorrow so we'll rest up now, fuel up, and see what we've got."
1. Tejay van Garderen (U.S. / BMC Racing) 13 hours 29 minutes
2. Samuel Sanchez (Spain / BMC Racing) +41 seconds
3. Geraint Thomas (Britain / Team Sky) +44 seconds
4. Alejandro Valverde (Spain / Movistar) +45 seconds
5. Chris Froome (Britain / Team Sky) +49 seconds
6. Marc Soler (Spain / Movistar) +1:10 seconds
7. Alberto Contador (Spain / Trek) +1:13 seconds
8. Adam Yates (Britain / Orica) +1:18 seconds
9. Bauke Mollema (Netherlands / Trek) +1:25 seconds
10. Jarlinson Pantano (Colombia / Trek) same time